Empire chateau with a park
The history of the chateau dates back supposedly to the 15 th century where there used to be a fort at the place. Coming down written materials about the fort are dated to 1588. In the 18 th century a baroque chateau with gardens was built here. After a blaze in 1823 it was rebuilt in empire style. Since 1845 the chateau hasn´t served as a hall and it has had a function of an administrative building for an adjoining grange. Gradual damage followed under various direction till 1997 when thanks to the town extensive reconstruction of the chateau began. The chateau was inaugurated for public on January10th, 1998. Since then it has offered luxurious accomodation, there is also a stylish restaurant including lounges for various opportunities inside. A ceremonial hall on the first floor is also used as a small concert hall.
Kotula´s wooden cottage
Havířov- Bludovice, Hálkova 4
belongs to the oldest timbered folk buildings in the area of Těšín. The timbered cottage of a rectangular ground-plan on plastered brick bedding with saddled roof covered with thatches was built in 1781 and it is the last evidence of the former estate in the area of present-day Havířov. The exhibition of housing in Kotula´s wooden cottage presents furnishing of the interior and the way of life by turn of 19 th and 20 th centuries in the central part of Těšín´s Silesia. Residential rooms are equipped with atmospheric furniture. In the interiors visitors can see many ceramic manufactures made by local potteries from Bludovice. This ceramics became famous thanks to its last evolutional period when potters began to produce crocks and other utensils with white glaze and coloured flower decor. A little windmill (viatrák) is also a part of the exhibition.
St. Ann´s Church
Havířov-Město, Hlavní třída
Initially small sized late empire construction from 1841 - 1845 creates together with the opposite chateau a view dominant in arrival at Havířov. A one-ship church with three adjoining bell ends was rebuilt to the present form between 1967 and 1971. From the former church just an octolateral pinnacle with a helmet and segmentally arched windows came down unchanged.
A classicist building from 1782-1784 represents in this field a type of the biggest after-tolerance church. Interior with a gallery and palatal corridor alongside the ship has a flat ceiling with rich paintings.
Original wooden St.Markéta´s parish church was built sometime between 1305 and 1335. In 1490 the biggest of nowadays bells was moltened for the church. As the old wooden church wasn´t sufficient enough for the needs of Bludovice parish, a new brick church was constructed in its neighbourhood between 1786 and 1792. That is a one-ship late baroque building with classicist items.
The heart of the town, that was built in 1950´s in thy style of socialist realism, was in 1992 declared a protected sights zone and called according to the style „Sorela“. The area involves a set of habitation buildings limited by the forest park Stromovka on one side and and meanders of the Lučina river on the opposite one. At the northwest end the chateau and St.Ann´s Church are included into the protected area and that area is limited by the Centrum cinema at the southeast end. The architects who designed flats in fast developing area of Ostrava and surroundings did not want to build new houses in bourgeois pre-war style and that´s why they turned to Czech renaissance for inspiration, which is predicated by numerous mouldings, gables, scratchworks that decorate the houses. The area of Sorela is very valuable by its dateless constructive solution that is much more humane than latter bourd monted construction.
The Radost Cinema
Havířov - Město, Alšova 11
The most typical object of the protected sights area Sorela. An architect V.Meduna exerted elements of south Bohemian rennaissance inspired with historical architecture of Telč, Písek or České Budějovice during the layout of the building. Exactly in the Radost cinema Havířov obtained its charterand town insignia in 1955.
Children´s fun park between Fibichova street and Beethovenova street in the centre of Havířov arose according to a model of a similar fun park in Sweden. It is one of the biggest children´s fun parks in the Czech Republic. Several swings, flip-flaps, sand pits and other attractions fulfil all European safety standards and children under 15 may use them.
The Životice´s Tragedy Memorial
Havířov-Životice, Padlých hrdinů 47
This considerable memorial of antifascist revolt reminds the tragical event on August 6super th, 1944, when Gestapo murdered 36 inhabitants of Životice, Horní Suchá, Dolní Suchá and Dolní Těrlicko. This act was a revenge for a brush that had happened two days before in a restaurant in Životice between members of Gestapo and a guerilla detach of Kaminski. Two metre - high sculpture of a mother with a child in her arms bowing to a man victim grew up in 1994 and it is a work of a Karviná´s sculptor František Swider. During reconstrution of the monument in 1984 the premises were enriched with a new earth-bound building, overlained in the whole height with stone, and a new monumentally solved entry.Inside the monument there is a permanent exhibition of the Těšínské Museum „Occupation“ and „The Revolt in Těšínsko in 1938-1945 complemented with tematic exhibitions.